- Thermo Shield treatment for pleasant handling
- DuoTec for permanent middle marking
- Water absorption less than 2% acc. to the UIAA Water Repellent Test
- 3D lap coiling enables instant use without tangles
- Durably water repellent and dirt resistant thanks to the PFC- and PFAS-free Eco Dry finish
This rope is the newest member of our #ClimbGreen collection and was developed in collaboration with top climber Tommy Caldwell. The high sheath content makes it extremely abrasion-resistant and thanks to the PFC- (and PFAS-)free Eco Dry coating, it is permanently water and dirt repellent. The collaboration between climbing legend Tommy Caldwell and EDELRID has already existed for several years. Thanks to a lively exchange and valuable feedback, this cooperation has already resulted in some outstanding products. The common concerns and views also play a major role: safety, innovation, and sustainability. The latest result of this cooperation is the TOMMY CALDWELL ECO DRY DT 9.6 MM, a rope that is extremely robust thanks to its high sheath content and at the same time particularly sustainable thanks to the newly applied Eco Dry finish. Usually poly- and perfluorinated chemicals (PFCs) and also their subcategory of PFAS are used, which make outdoor equipment resistant to oil, grease and water.