This recall is relevant to Edelrid Via Ferrata Sets produced during 2010, 2011 and 2012 with the following article names:
- Cable Lite / Article Number: 71694 / Colour of the Elastic Webbing: black
- Cable Lite 2.0 / Article Number: 71673/ Colour of the Elastic Webbing: black -green
- Cable Comfort / Article Number: 71680 / Colour of the Elastic Webbing: black
- Cable Comfort 2.0 / Article Number: 71674 / Colour of the Elastic Webbing: black -green
- Cable Kit 4.0 / Article Number: 71682 / Colour of the Elastic Webbing: black -green
- Brenta Comfort / Article Number: 71676 / Colour of the Elastic Webbing: black
- Cable Kit Xtra-Light Schuster / Article Number: 71693 / Colour of the Elastic Webbing: black
it has been found that, in certain cases the webbing of the elasticated webbing branches, after increased use, may no longer meet the relevant safety standards. Thus the protective requirements of a Via Ferrata Set are no longer met or can only be met in part, which in the case of a fall could result in serious injury or death.
Please discontinue use of the recalled Via Ferrata Sets IMMEDIATELY.
All private owners of the above mentioned Via Ferrata Sets are requested to send them immediately for replacement to EDELRID or to bring them to your local dealer for forwarding to EDELRID. For details of the shipment process, see the Appendix below. Our retail partners have been informed about the modalities of the return separately.
Distributors and operators of a rental pools are urgently requested to collect all the above mentioned Via Ferrata Sets. They must be securely stored to ensure they can no longer be used. We ask you to return the Via Ferrata Sets to us immediately. For details of the shipment processing, see the Appendix below.
Retailers are requested to collect and secure all the above mentioned Via Ferrata Sets, stored as well as on the shop floor and to send them immediately to EDELRID. Information concerning returned merchandise from consumers will come from our sales department or agents.
EDELRID vouches for the quality and safety of all its products. Our products are developed, manufactured and certified in compliance with all statutory standards. To avoid any risk to the user, as the manufacturer we are recalling, as a precautionary measure the above mentioned products from the market.
With this recall EDELRID is responding to a fatal Via Ferrata accident on 05.08.2012 with a rented Via Ferrata Set. From the ongoing investigations an association between increased use and a weakening of the elasticated webbing has been established. The actual cause of the accident could not be determined by the independent experts before the instigation of this precautionary recall on
AFFECTED BY THE RECALL ARE ALL BATCHES OF THE ABOVE MENTIONED VIA FERRATA SETS