- Thermo Shield treatment for perfect handling
- DuoTec for permanent middle marking
- Water absorption less than 2% acc. to the UIAA Water Repellent Test
- 3D lap coiling enables instant use without tangles
- Durably water repellent and dirt resistant thanks to the PFC-free Eco Dry finish
This rope is the newest member of our #ClimbGreen collection and was developed in collaboration with top climber Tommy Caldwell. The high sheath content makes it extremely abrasion-resistant and thanks to the PFC-free Eco Dry coating, it is permanently water and dirt repellent.The collaboration between climbing legend Tommy Caldwell and EDELRID has already existed for several years. Thanks to a lively exchange and valuable feedback, this cooperation has already resulted in some outstanding products. The common concerns and views also play a major role: safety, innovation and sustainability. The latest result of this cooperation is the TOMMY CALDWELL ECO DRY DT 9.6 MM. A rope that is extremely robust thanks to its high sheath content and at the same time particularly sustainable thanks to the newly applied Eco Dry finish.Usually polyfluorinated and perfluorinated chemicals (PFCs) are used, which make outdoor equipment resistant to oil, grease and water.